Make a difference!
One out of every five women suffers from depression during and after pregnancy in South Africa…
break the circle of despair and make a difference today!
A latte a day can add up to $150 in a month
What one off giving can do
- $8 / £6 (UK)/ R120 (SA) could buy a maternal mental health handbook for health workers
- $42 / £29 (UK)/ R600 (SA) could help 5 mothers, through counselling, to protect themselves against domestic violence.
- $124 / £86 (UK)/ R1,800(SA) could provide comprehensive mental health care to 7 pregnant women for up to a year after giving birth.
What monthly giving can do
- $17 / £12 (UK)/ R250 (SA) every month for one year could help 4 pregnant teenagers to learn how to care for themselves and their babies.
What a Circle of Support can do
Can you organise a Circle of Support within your book club, church group or soccer club etc.?
(consists of 10 friends, donating $10 / £7 (UK)/ R145 (SA) each per month)
- a monthly donation per circle ($1,200 annually) could help improve the mental and physical health of
60 HIV+ pregnant women.
Giving is through the University of Cape Town’s registered charitable entities in South Africa, the USA, the UK, Canada or Australia