Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Caring for Mothers
One out of every five women in South Africa suffers from depression during and after pregnancy.
Award-winning Director Simon Wood, spent time with Xolelwa in Khayelitsha, Cape Town, where rates of postnatal depression are three times higher than in developed countries.
More stories of South African mothers
- Follow PMHP Blog on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Pregnancy and childbirth outcomes among adolescent mothers
- Suicide is a major contributor to global death rates and a leading cause of maternal deaths
- Perinatal depression and anxiety: Let's talk about moms and dads in Africa
- Let's talk about mental health of pregnant teenagers
- Women’s voices report on maternal mental health