Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Caring for Mothers
One out of every five women in South Africa suffers from depression during and after pregnancy.
Award-winning Director Simon Wood, spent time with Xolelwa in Khayelitsha, Cape Town, where rates of postnatal depression are three times higher than in developed countries.
More stories of South African mothers
- Follow PMHP Blog on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- In response to Daily Maverick article: "Antidepressants during pregnancy linked to autism in kids: study"
- Violence against Women during and after pregnancy
- Suicidal thoughts during pregnancy
- [#WMMHday Blog Series #2] Postpartum Bipolar Disorder: The Invisible Postpartum Mood Disorder
- Women’s voices report on maternal mental health