New and exiting opportunity to join the PMHP team
The Perinatal Mental Health Project (PMHP) requires the services of a Research Officer / Senior Research Officer. This is a full time post for a one year contract with appointment, starting as soon as possible. The appointee will be based at the PMHP offices on UCT’s Sawkins Road campus, but may need to travel locally, nationally and internationally.
- Masters degree in Public Health or Psychology (or similar training and skills set).
- Track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Thorough working knowledge of statistical packages for data analysis and ability to interpret results
Additional qualification required for Senior Research Officer:
- PhD in relevant discipline (e.g. Public Health, Psychology, Development studies
- Evidence of successful research grant awards
- Experience in liaising with international researchers and programmes
- Experience of research project management
The main purpose of this position is to:
- Co-ordinate PMHP research activities
- Contribute to other research projects with which the PMHP partners
- Pursue research grants for the PMHP
Find more details and how to apply at the UCT Vacancy pages